- This event has passed.
Auditions: Shakespeare’s Hamlet
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+11
DIRECTED BY GEORGE LAZARIS
AUDITION DATES, VENUES & TIMES
Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th January 2018
10.00am to 4.00pm
Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
1 Powerhouse Rd. Casula, NSW 2170
AUDITION LINK – http://lpae_hamlet.youcanbook.me/
We’re looking at creating a Hamlet, which feels modern and fresh, to be geared towards a younger audience. Part irreverent, part stylistic and mostly focusing on the relationships between the younger characters, we want to create a world in which young prince Hamlet is truly struggling to get past the death of his father, and his struggles are being reflected in the ways he sees the world.
The play will be performed in 100 minutes with no intermission, and all actors will be required to be performing and in the space for the duration of the show. We aim to cast inclusively, and so encourage actors of all ages, genders and ethnicities to audition for the production.
Our character breakdown may change based on the quality and calibre of auditions, but currently we are looking for eight actors to play the following roles.
• Audition bookings are to made at your own discretion on the link above
• If you have any trouble processing your audition time please contact us on email@example.com
• Please arrive 10-15 mins prior to your confirmed audition time
• Please prepare and memorise a monologue (2-4 minutes) from a Shakespeare play other than Hamlet, and a printed copy of the monologue for the audition panel.
• At the audition we will work with you on the monologue you have prepared, asking you to perform it a few times with direction. You will then be given a scene to look at outside of the audition room, before having a short workshop of that scene.
• Please bring along your theatrical resume and headshot. Please do not worry if you haven’t been in any productions before.