- This event has passed.
BARE: Wom*n Only
May 26 @ 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm UTC+10
BARE | Wom*n Only
Wom*n’s Nude Creative Dinner – Part of the Artist Development Program
Friday 26th May
Vegan Meal concocted by Derrier Ander
Vegan Door Prize from Max Black
Katharine Hawkins – feminism and queer theory
Rose Cooper – an introduction to The Art of Orgasm
A delicious and conscious meal, where we appreciate each other’s
incredibly diverse body types and explore the relationship between
creativity, identity and physicality.
What to expect?
-A safe and trans-inclusive space for wom*n to explore their human form
– 50-100% nudity from all participants
– two fascinating guest speakers
– intimate and exciting discussions with fellow attendees
– to throw off the shackles of the patriarchy regarding traditional forms of ‘beauty’
– the normalisation of nudity
– a delicious and ethical vegan meal
– a door prize from Max Black for one lucky attendee
– This is a safe space for wom*en (trans-inclusive). Management reserves the right to refuse entry or remove members with discretion if anyone is deemed to be making other members feel uncomfortable.
Limited tickets available online via stickytickets
Katharine Hawkins –
Kitty Hawkins is an academic with a background in sociology, gender studies and feminist theory, and has a sketchy past as a lefty-ratbag student activist. Her main fields of study involve monsters, anomalous embodiment and feminist analyses of the horror genre. She currently teaches criminology and gender studies at Macquarie University.
Her discussion will centre around the body, vulnerability and being open to the ‘gendered unknown’.
Rose Cooper – Self-Styled Female Sexual Empowerment Crusader.
A journalist/humourist since 1992, Rose was Australian Women’s Forum’s Sexpert Advice Columnist for the final 3 years before closure.
In 2011 she started her own blog, covering topics such as Orgasm, Sex-Education, Bisexuality, Depression, Orgasm, Slut-Shaming, Love, Kissing, Orgasm, Jealousy, Body Image, Honesty, Orgasm, Mental health, Online Dating, Orgasm, Porn, et al.
At 55, Rose can look back on the best part of four decades of her own sexualevolution, during which time she had two long-term relationships – lasting 15 years each (resulting in three children) and three, distinct periods sexually-active; singledom – during the late 1970s, the mid 1990s and from 2013 onwards.
She’s noted not only her own sexual evolution during that time, but also the change (or lack thereof) in societal attitudes towards female sexuality.
She’s also noted how her own attitude towards sex and self-esteem hasevolved over the years. Her discoveries and revelations fly in the face of just about everything woman are being lead to believe.
Join Rose as she reveals the ins and outs of her own Orgasmic Odyssey – recounted with all the raw candour you’d expect at a Nude Dinner!
We knew it it had to come eventually…
- October 13 @ 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm UTC+11
- October 4 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+10
- December 31, 2017 @ 8:00 pm - 2:00 am UTC+11