- This event has passed.
Term 3 Drama School After School
July 31, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - August 7, 2017 @ 6:30 pm UTC+10
31 Jul 2017 – 18 Sep 2017 | 4.30pm – 6.30pm
Drama School After School provides an environment where students from the ages of 10-12 are supported in creatively expressing themselves. The program runs over 8 weeks and will engage students in developing their performative and movement skills. Drama School After School will let student’s unleash their imagination in the wildest way possible, at the end of the 8 weeks students will showcase what they have learnt in a 10 minute performance at Casula Powerhouse Liverpool. Facilitated by Anthony Gooley, the program is set to be one not to be missed, so get ready for Drama School After School Term 3.
Goals for the program
– To gain an understanding of the power of movement and voice in creating a fully realised character/physical storytelling, and to find the confidence in their own body and voice.
– To gain an understanding of the concept of ‘genre’ or ‘style’, to be able to identify the conventions of a genre and how to bring these to life through play and imagination, movement and vocal skills.
– To grow their skills in collaboration and respect for working with others to bring a project to life.
– To gain an understanding and respect for Performing Arts as a profession.
– To create and perform in a 10 minute production in the CPAC Theatre in front of an invited audience. The performance will centre around the idea of genre in pop culture.